Реклама | Adv
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
Сообщения форума
Реклама | Adv

Developers posts on forum

In this section you'll find posts from the official developers forum. The base is updated every hour and stored on a server wot-news.com. If you encounter any bugs, have suggestions or comments, write to info@wot-news.com

Filter by developers

The last day   In the last 7 days   Over a period from   till     

Developer
Subject
Link
Over a period
Image
MrVic
Is WoT really an mmo?
arrow
23.07.2010 18:30:34
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\Is WoT really an mmo?
Link on message: #38412

View PostBloodshot, on 23 July 2010 - 05:04 PM, said: M.M.O.
M.assive Guns
M.ultiplayer
O.nline
How is this tag misleading? :P

MrVic: Hehe I like it
But I think this is better
M.any
M.assive Guns
O.nline
:)


MrVic
Is WoT really an mmo?
arrow
23.07.2010 17:46:53
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\Is WoT really an mmo?
Link on message: #38361

View Postdana22, on 23 July 2010 - 04:17 PM, said: http://www.worldoftanks.com/about.html
Im poiting that out, and I do that often and everywhere I can. Im playing MMOs since 1997 and Ultima Online, and it really makes me laugh when I see everyone stamping the MMO label at everything they want.
60 players dont make MMO. WoT is not an MMO.
It is not a simulator. It has nothing to do with simulation, and especially it wont make you feel like a real tank commander. Its just a arcade tactics game with a little more realism then usual.
Steel Beasts is a simulator. And if you want to feel like a tank commander, you may want to play good old Combat Mission instead.
Just two things that bug me, hopefuly you wont be mad at me.

MrVic: I see this kinda of statement on many games forums now days. It makes me wonder where people are finding this "MMO" term defined. I have checked and checked but alas there has not been a summit meeting of all the game designers in the world that sat down and wrote the rules for things such as what qaulifies as a "MMO" "FPS" "Simulator" "RTS" ect ect. Because really all those terms were internet coined terms in reality. So in the end they are meant to generalize the type of game, and if those "generalized" short hand types fit your play stlye then you read up on the game watch some videos and read about it on the games forums. After that you choose to play the game or not. It always has boggled my mind why people just don't pass it by when their opinion of what "MMO" stands for, does not fit the game that is using that term to help people find their game. As for the simulator, NO game with that tag is accurate in some peoples opinions, if you want to go extreme hire Mike tyson to punch you in the face every time your Tank gets hit with a 152mm HE shell to better represent the forces at play. Then when your tank dies you must light yourself on fire for the approiate effect to simulate the tank warfare more percisley. Now thats a simulator!
For me the 50+ people every night I chat with and the hundreds I face off against over the course of the matches combined with the 5k++ online in beta now, And the Clan wars mode involving multiple clans with 100 players per, In my opinion I have no issue with the MMO tag as it fits well enough for me. I really hope no one out there buys games only based on the "FPS" "RTS "MMO" tag because will lead to a lot of wasted money on bad games.
In the end its all semantics :) But I ask of anyone that looks at those tags and starts up arguments against such game "tags" should really ask themselves "does it really matter?" I mean clearly if your opinion of a game does not fit the MMO part then, it means you read up on the game and made your own decision, thus you can move along or say hey this looks fun! To go any further on it you missed the point of having the "FPS" type general discriptions I think.
I don't disagree with the orginal poster but then again its all a matter of personal opinion and there is no right or wrong in this kinda of thing, were all permitted to draw our own conculsions :)


MrVic
Personal Best Kill Streak
arrow
23.07.2010 17:11:42
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\Personal Best Kill Streak
Link on message: #38324

MrVic: I have had a couple 11 kills, some 9 kill runs and quite a few 6-7 kill runs.
I do know of one player getting the kill shot on all 15 tanks in a match once. It was a failed zerg :)


merig00
[FAQ] Scouting with a Leopard
arrow
23.07.2010 16:31:53
 
Subject: [FAQ] Scouting with a Leopard
Link on message: #38282

merig00: Also even though HE rounds can't really deal damage to tanks level 5 and above, you can take out their modules just like that. Heavy tank with damaged turret or engine is pretty much useless.


merig00
[FAQ] Scouting with a Leopard
arrow
23.07.2010 16:31:53
 
Subject: [FAQ] Scouting with a Leopard
Link on message: #38282

merig00: Also even though HE rounds can't really deal damage to tanks level 5 and above, you can take out their modules just like that. Heavy tank with damaged turret or engine is pretty much useless.


MrVic
SPG - quick shift move = crash
arrow
23.07.2010 16:12:51
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\SPG - quick shift move = crash
Link on message: #38264

View PostFulminatrix, on 23 July 2010 - 03:09 PM, said: happens everytime i do that when out of range and i move quickly to reach the target. then when i cum back people mad saying i afk lol

MrVic: One thing to check is your Video card drivers. I recently had some minor freezes in game and checked my drivers and fixed my issues. They update drivers frequently.


MrVic
Tankbusters goes clan
arrow
23.07.2010 15:45:27
 
Subject: Clans\Clan Recruitment\Tankbusters goes clan
Link on message: #38238

MrVic: Pretty sure everyone on here has been checked and has access ect. If anyone is still waiting let us know asap and we'll get ya fixed right up.


merig00
[FAQ] Scouting with a Leopard
arrow
23.07.2010 08:37:18
 
Subject: [FAQ] Scouting with a Leopard
Link on message: #37864

merig00: Very nice!

I expect it to be updated once beta 0.5 comes out :Smile_honoring:


merig00
[FAQ] Scouting with a Leopard
arrow
23.07.2010 08:37:18
 
Subject: [FAQ] Scouting with a Leopard
Link on message: #37864

merig00: Very nice!

I expect it to be updated once beta 0.5 comes out :Smile_honoring:


merig00
Game settings in preferences.xml
arrow
22.07.2010 23:52:17
 
Subject: Game settings in preferences.xml
Link on message: #37578

View PostSpectreHD, on Jul 22 2010 - 21:48, said: Really, all these options should be in the video settings menu in the game. But good guide nonetheless. Manage to do some changes.


merig00: They will be there with release


merig00
Game settings in preferences.xml
arrow
22.07.2010 23:52:17
 
Subject: Game settings in preferences.xml
Link on message: #37578

View PostSpectreHD, on Jul 22 2010 - 21:48, said: Really, all these options should be in the video settings menu in the game. But good guide nonetheless. Manage to do some changes.


merig00: They will be there with release


merig00
[FAQ] Equipment
arrow
22.07.2010 23:47:18
 
Subject: [FAQ] Equipment
Link on message: #37569

View PostLord_Hinateur, on Jul 22 2010 - 21:14, said: I don't understand the effect of this equipment:

Additional grousers
+10% tracking on soft ground
+5% tracking on medium ground

What is "soft ground" and "medium ground" ?


merig00: Soft ground would be a swamp in the middle of Karelia :) Different types of ground


merig00
[FAQ] Equipment
arrow
22.07.2010 23:47:18
 
Subject: [FAQ] Equipment
Link on message: #37569

View PostLord_Hinateur, on Jul 22 2010 - 21:14, said: I don't understand the effect of this equipment:

Additional grousers
+10% tracking on soft ground
+5% tracking on medium ground

What is "soft ground" and "medium ground" ?


merig00: Soft ground would be a swamp in the middle of Karelia :) Different types of ground


MrVic
Rumor of a soft wipe
arrow
22.07.2010 18:51:21
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\Questions\Rumor of a soft wipe
Link on message: #37265

MrVic: This rumor seems to go around everyday :) Its actually kinda wild that it continues day to day. I have not heard of one now or coming, but then again I am not in that loop of information. I think its safe to say its not likely. But then again I have never won the lottery yet either lol


MrVic
The IS-7
arrow
22.07.2010 17:57:47
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\The IS-7
Link on message: #37221

View PostMod, on 22 July 2010 - 04:23 PM, said: There aren't very many tanks better than an IS atm so I doubt you would find an IS-7 vs anything over two IS-3s any time soon.

MrVic: I was commentinng on the number of shots to kill was all :)


MrVic
Reporting Team Kills
arrow
22.07.2010 17:45:50
 
Subject: Archives\Junkyard\Reporting Team Kills
Link on message: #37205

View PostAckAck, on 22 July 2010 - 02:56 PM, said: Sorry for your situation but I'm happy to see the banhammer in use. Hopefully next they'll set their sights on the afkers that hide in the corner of the map every game.

MrVic: Those players are a new pet project of mine, actually :)


MrVic
Reporting Team Kills
arrow
22.07.2010 17:43:18
 
Subject: Archives\Junkyard\Reporting Team Kills
Link on message: #37203

View PostBISHOP, on 22 July 2010 - 03:17 PM, said: Once i was in a match with MrVic(moderator) and in our team was a player that had a -4 kill count. That guy drove behind MrVic and shot his IS. MrVic killed that player out of self defence. In this case MrVic was verry right to defend him self and ban this teamkiller. And as far that i know mod's nor admins never misuse they powers.

MrVic: Aye my only weak moment, he killed the last 4 people besides me and him and then went after me in a match. While spamming all sorts of good remarks he attacked me while fighting the enemy. So I turned my rear to enemy and solved the issue and the match ended. I shouldn't of done it but I felt bad for all those that he got before I noticed it in that battle. Something I watch for much more closely now as he should never of gotten that far.


MrVic
The IS-7
arrow
22.07.2010 17:18:21
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\The IS-7
Link on message: #37188

MrVic: One thing to remember is your using the weak 122mm with 175 Armor pen. The later tier guns pack much more armor pen for the big tanks hehe :)
IS-7s are tough but I have seen way to many ground under the treads of the enemy team :)


MrVic
A general Thank you
arrow
22.07.2010 17:04:34
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\A general Thank you
Link on message: #37175

View PostRustbin, on 19 July 2010 - 05:28 AM, said: Unfortunately, this is the case. The two instances which occasionally bring forth the "omg"-esque smack are:
1) The beginning of the match during the bumper-car chaos, when someone loses a track.
2) The end of a match where the few players left standing are being camera followed by all of their wrecked teammates, who, of course, can't control their emotions enough to resist armchair quarterbacking every decision the driver makes.
The grinding nature of the matches (xp and cash) invests the addicts to the fate of each game, as the drive towards bigger and better weaponry and the virtual l33tness ensues. In part, that grind elicits this behaviour. Everyone becomes an authority, impatient and unfriendly. The players who are on constantly are, not surprisingly, also likely quite bored with the CTF mechanic on the same few maps, with no other gameplay options enabled as yet (tiered; national-only teams; more maps; different objectives; persistent world of clan warfare; etc..). In any case, as one poster alluded to earlier, there's not much more to actually beta test at this point (hopefully players have been reporting terrain bugs, etc), so until more features are implemented, a break from the beta is likely in order anyways.

MrVic: Ahh the armchair qauterbacking is funny at times. The worst is most people see your tank at 20% hitpoints and assume all your modules are fine. Then their like go run in and cap base! shoot them up! Heh I had many battles with a blown engine blown tracks and a damaged turret rings due to solo defending out base from 6 players. With 2 mins on the clock they want me to solo drive and take their base thats defended by 3 people lol Not sure I can even drive that far with that damage in the time left.... not to mention the can drive around me and cap our base. Its just funny to see people that died eariler try to exert their will on the living :)
But I do agree in the many months of playing WoT the crashers and errors are so minor its hard to think the game engine is still being improved. Big thumbs up.
Smoothes beta client I have ever used by far. Not to mention how often it is offline, which is almost never.


MrVic
Killstealers
arrow
22.07.2010 08:39:56
 
Subject: Archives\Junkyard\Killstealers
Link on message: #36753

MrVic: From all that I have heard Kills mean nothing beyond a number by your name its all in the damage you do the final kill is all that matters.


merig00
[FAQ]What will get you experience and what will not
arrow
22.07.2010 04:27:01
 
Subject: [FAQ]What will get you experience and what will not
Link on message: #36604

merig00: druhim pretty much answered it.


merig00
[FAQ]What will get you experience and what will not
arrow
22.07.2010 04:27:01
 
Subject: [FAQ]What will get you experience and what will not
Link on message: #36604

merig00: druhim pretty much answered it.


MrVic
HE vs AP
arrow
21.07.2010 21:51:55
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\HE vs AP
Link on message: #36127

View PostBigBadVuk, on 21 July 2010 - 04:51 PM, said: I used HE last 5 games on PZ IV.
conclusion: FAIL!
ill stick with AP until end of my life!
TO be honest im not shure why HE was even introduced in tank vs tank warefare except for SPG ;)

MrVic: HE rounds are very effective against tanks. The problem comes from the effect is limited to the size of the round and the design and armor of the target.
US Shermans used HE for the whole war vs all size tanks, and they were quite effective. A good example was it was documented that german 8.8cm guns would over penetrate shermans. So the round would pass through one side of the tank and out the other. If the round did not damage a major system it left the Sherman combat effective (tho with some crew casulties ect) which was not the goal of that shot hehe. AP rounds contain HE explosive just a reduced amount and designed to detontate after the tanks armor is peirced. But do to the reduced HE load in the AP round the damage was less then a pure HE round.
I do know these issues and those regarding the modules have been noticed by the Devs and I think we will see some changes in the near future. Please keep adding your thoughts on this tho :) More feedback = better game :)


MrVic
Starting on the same team 19 out of 20 times
arrow
21.07.2010 21:39:32
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\Starting on the same team 19 out of 20 times
Link on message: #36113

MrVic: Its random but sometimes random is not so random to a few people. I tend to get the northside of Malinvoka 80% of the time lol.


MrVic
New tank Char 2C Super Heavy French Tank
arrow
21.07.2010 21:32:16
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\Suggestions\New tank Char 2C Super Heavy French Tank
Link on message: #36105

View Postdnarag1m, on 21 July 2010 - 08:13 PM, said: yes lets add more nearly-ww1-era stuff to a WW2 tank game.
Why do we need a tank that is as slow as a Ferdinand, has the armor of a T-34 and the gun of a PIIIa ? Even worse, why spend gold on it and look like a horse and carriage on the highway ?

MrVic: Because its so much more fun to kill people with things like this....if you feel like being that evil :Smile-playing:
I do think we will see many many tanks that will just be purely fun to play. Its kinda like killing a Panzer IV with a Panzer 38t while it does not happen often when it does it feels so good.


MrVic
T.K
arrow
21.07.2010 21:05:17
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\T.K
Link on message: #36085

View PostDavina, on 21 July 2010 - 07:57 PM, said: Just wondering if some servers will have Teamkill turned of because at the moment guys in bigger tanks just 1 hit other players who accidently get in there way or players who are AFK.
Its happened a couple of times to me but I see it a lot now I am in a bigger tank it aint right they gotta learn to play the game in a fun manner but when players who are just frustrated to wait a millisecond they spoil it for me and for them. So I say turn T.K off and then I think it will get more players to join.Another thing is I ve heard players on Teamspeak or Ventrillo from same clan purposely shoot there own players so that there friends on the other side can get the kill for quick and easy levelling so another reason to turn off T.K

MrVic: This has been asked a lot. I think currently there are no plans (not a dev so its not 100% sure) But really right now there are so many new players that accidents are happening. In the real world TKs (Friendly fire) happen sadly way to often. In game its fits and is part of it. Tpyically those big gun tanks have such a slow reload time they will get more used to being more careful, escpically since your death cost him end of match credits odds are plus the cost of that round (which gets pricey since its so deadly in one hit)
Mostly things get better its just rife right now due to the new player learning curve :)


MrVic
Gold Per Day
arrow
21.07.2010 20:51:51
 
Subject: Game Discussion\Gameplay Discussion\Gold Per Day
Link on message: #36071

View PostMantarochen, on 21 July 2010 - 06:46 PM, said: I think you guys are fooling yourself when saying that premium ammo is not a big deal. Because you are contradicting yourself: either the ammo IS worth the bucks - or it is not. Either way its presence has an adverse effect on your product.
In case it is worth the money then you are breaking with your motto "We dont sell in-battle advantages." In case it is not its bare presence is derogating your credibility. In the end you only bring harm to the success of your game.

MrVic: I don't work for WoT just for the record :) Really its a perk more then an advantage in my book. I would say the rounds make things easier but not by much. Most guns can over penetrate many of the armor thicknesses you encounter espciallay if you target the sweet spots on your enemy. Really the only big perk on average I would see is you can stick with one ammo type easier instead of swapping HE to AP based on the target you are tracking. Really the only other use would be in the realm of maybe attacking a target that is tougher then your tank is meant to deal with head to head. Even then tho it will have superior HP enough to normalize the damage curve. Now many players still get counterstrike mind sets and run a light tank head to head with a heavy tank and think it should be a equal fight, instead of playing to their strenghts and using speed and agility to flank and harrass the heavy until it dies. Now those people might think that a gold ammo will make that a even fight, but in the end the failure to play with the mindset of the type of tank you are using will result in a bad result regardless of the ammo types in game. This is why its more of a option and not a advantage in my book.
You comment on the "Because you are contradicting yourself: either the ammo IS worth the bucks - or it is not. Either way its presence has an adverse effect on your product." Is not really a fair statement I think. The paint schemes and camo you can add to your tank after release that I have read about coming that are purchased are purely "because I want to use that" So not all things have to be "worth it" they may not be "worth it" to you but to someone else it may. I personally will buy a small amount of ammo but I do not plan to run every round and every shot fired being gold ammo. Because I have tested it myself and find its fun to use on occasion but in the long term it has little impact on my kill rates. But it does make life easier on the ammo swaps ect. So depending on my mood at the time will probably dictate how much I buy or if I buy none.
In the end I have found nothing gold based that impacts the game enough to really say "oh he spent $10,000 dollars no wonder he kills everyone" This is not like some collectable card game where the depth of your pockets makes a huge impact on the overall gaming performance. Its all up to the player choice. I like this game and hope to see it last a long time. Some of the things they plan to add and others mentioned behind the scenes that I have sniffed out sound amazing. Its Free to play and I hope that people do help support the game and buy some things knowing that their helping support a game made for them and with a lot of care. I pay 10-20 bucks a month to play many online games and plan to spend about that in this game. The only difference is they are leaving it up to me instead of forcing me to pay. So if I am busy for a few weeks during a month due to work, I am not forced to pay while I am not playing, Heck I don't have to pay at all if I want to. But I like to support good products and I find this one and the people behind it to be worth the support :)


MrVic
Gold Per Day
arrow
21.07.2010 20:51:51
 
Subject: Gold Per Day
Link on message: #36071

View PostMantarochen, on Jul 21 2010 - 17:46, said: I think you guys are fooling yourself when saying that premium ammo is not a big deal. Because you are contradicting yourself: either the ammo IS worth the bucks - or it is not. Either way its presence has an adverse effect on your product.

In case it is worth the money then you are breaking with your motto "We dont sell in-battle advantages." In case it is not its bare presence is derogating your credibility. In the end you only bring harm to the success of your game.


MrVic:
I don't work for WoT just for the record :)  Really its a perk more then an advantage in my book. I would say the rounds make things easier but not by much.  Most guns can over penetrate many of the armor thicknesses you encounter espciallay if you target the sweet spots on your enemy. Really the only big perk on average I would see is you can stick with one ammo type easier instead of swapping HE to AP based on the target you are tracking. Really the only other use would be in the realm of maybe attacking a target that is tougher then your tank is meant to deal with head to head. Even then tho it will have superior HP enough to normalize the damage curve.  Now many players still get counterstrike mind sets and run a light tank head to head with a heavy tank and think it should be a equal fight, instead of playing to their strenghts and using speed and agility to flank and harrass the heavy until it dies. Now those people might think that a gold ammo will make that a even fight, but in the end the failure to play with the mindset of the type of tank you are using will result in a bad result regardless of the ammo types in game.   This is why its more of a option and not a advantage in my book.

You comment on the "Because you are contradicting yourself: either the ammo IS worth the bucks - or it is not. Either way its presence has an adverse effect on your product."  Is not really a fair statement I think.  The paint schemes and camo you can add to your tank after release that I have read about coming that are purchased are purely "because I want to use that"  So not all things have to be "worth it"  they may not be "worth it" to you but to someone else it may.  I personally will buy a small amount of ammo but I do not plan to run every round and every shot fired being gold ammo. Because I have tested it myself and find its fun to use on occasion but in the long term it has little impact on my kill rates. But it does make life easier on the ammo swaps ect. So depending on my mood at the time will probably dictate how much I buy or if I buy none.

In the end I have found nothing gold based that impacts the game enough to really say "oh he spent $10,000 dollars no wonder he kills everyone"  This is not like some collectable card game where the depth of your pockets makes a huge impact on the overall gaming performance.  Its all up to the player choice. I like this game and hope to see it last a long time. Some of the things they plan to add and others mentioned behind the scenes that I have sniffed out sound amazing.  Its Free to play and I hope that people do help support the game and buy some things knowing that their helping support a game made for them and with a lot of care. I pay 10-20 bucks a month to play many online games and plan to spend about that in this game. The only difference is they are leaving it up to me instead of forcing me to pay. So if I am busy for a few weeks during a month due to work, I am not forced to pay while I am not playing, Heck I don't have to pay at all if I want to. But I like to support good products and I find this one and the people behind it to be worth the support :)


MrVic
Gold Per Day
arrow
21.07.2010 20:51:51
 
Subject: Gold Per Day
Link on message: #36071

View PostMantarochen, on Jul 21 2010 - 17:46, said: I think you guys are fooling yourself when saying that premium ammo is not a big deal. Because you are contradicting yourself: either the ammo IS worth the bucks - or it is not. Either way its presence has an adverse effect on your product.

In case it is worth the money then you are breaking with your motto "We dont sell in-battle advantages." In case it is not its bare presence is derogating your credibility. In the end you only bring harm to the success of your game.


MrVic:
I don't work for WoT just for the record :)  Really its a perk more then an advantage in my book. I would say the rounds make things easier but not by much.  Most guns can over penetrate many of the armor thicknesses you encounter espciallay if you target the sweet spots on your enemy. Really the only big perk on average I would see is you can stick with one ammo type easier instead of swapping HE to AP based on the target you are tracking. Really the only other use would be in the realm of maybe attacking a target that is tougher then your tank is meant to deal with head to head. Even then tho it will have superior HP enough to normalize the damage curve.  Now many players still get counterstrike mind sets and run a light tank head to head with a heavy tank and think it should be a equal fight, instead of playing to their strenghts and using speed and agility to flank and harrass the heavy until it dies. Now those people might think that a gold ammo will make that a even fight, but in the end the failure to play with the mindset of the type of tank you are using will result in a bad result regardless of the ammo types in game.   This is why its more of a option and not a advantage in my book.

You comment on the "Because you are contradicting yourself: either the ammo IS worth the bucks - or it is not. Either way its presence has an adverse effect on your product."  Is not really a fair statement I think.  The paint schemes and camo you can add to your tank after release that I have read about coming that are purchased are purely "because I want to use that"  So not all things have to be "worth it"  they may not be "worth it" to you but to someone else it may.  I personally will buy a small amount of ammo but I do not plan to run every round and every shot fired being gold ammo. Because I have tested it myself and find its fun to use on occasion but in the long term it has little impact on my kill rates. But it does make life easier on the ammo swaps ect. So depending on my mood at the time will probably dictate how much I buy or if I buy none.

In the end I have found nothing gold based that impacts the game enough to really say "oh he spent $10,000 dollars no wonder he kills everyone"  This is not like some collectable card game where the depth of your pockets makes a huge impact on the overall gaming performance.  Its all up to the player choice. I like this game and hope to see it last a long time. Some of the things they plan to add and others mentioned behind the scenes that I have sniffed out sound amazing.  Its Free to play and I hope that people do help support the game and buy some things knowing that their helping support a game made for them and with a lot of care. I pay 10-20 bucks a month to play many online games and plan to spend about that in this game. The only difference is they are leaving it up to me instead of forcing me to pay. So if I am busy for a few weeks during a month due to work, I am not forced to pay while I am not playing, Heck I don't have to pay at all if I want to. But I like to support good products and I find this one and the people behind it to be worth the support :)


MrVic
Gold Per Day
arrow
21.07.2010 18:53:40
 
Subject: Game Discussion\Gameplay Discussion\Gold Per Day
Link on message: #35940

View PostMantarochen, on 21 July 2010 - 01:38 PM, said: Everything one needs to know about this subject is already in this thread, lets sum it up.
Overlord - who seems to represent the developers - says their strategy how to run the microtransactions is based on the principle not to sell in-battle advantages. I agree, this is the only way to succeed.
Unfortunately, you are going to exactly do this. You are trying to downplay the effect of premium shells but in fact they are the in-battle advantage you first said you wouldnt want to see. For example, take the VK3001P, fitted with the hard hitting gun. It is a level 6 tank, nothing too special Id say, you will see it quite often in future battles. Now look at the guns characteristics - generic AP shells have a very low penetration (64 I think?) countering the very high damage they do. But if you switch to premium shells penetration goes up to 150 while doing the same damage. Heck, Id even go so far to claim for this gun to work properly you even NEED the premium shells! Im pretty sure this is not the only example for the huge advantage premium shells give. This is unacceptable.
Many complains originate from the current "standard battle" where t3-t10 tanks are thrown together in one pot. While I think that this is a terrible, terrible idea even for the beta, lets wait and see until they split up the different levels a bit more.
I suggest some guys on this borad quit it with that "I have a job, I deserve better" attitude.
BTW I very much agree with SOLID_ICE's comment, hehe. I myself already phrased that you are not really shooting premium shells actually you are burrying the enemy tank under a pile of your coins.

MrVic: 2) I have used gold ammo quite a few times. Typically it something I carry a few rounds of for those targets that I really want dead...usually not tactically want dead if you catch my drift. Many of the gold ammos are a minor help since the damage is not increased or increased enough to make much of a impact. Typically anything your fighting is well with in the range of your standard ammos range of dealing with the target. The only diference is you might be able to aim slightly less percise to achieve damage results. But most of the time your going for soft spots for modules laying behind them anyway so its really pretty even on usage. Right now the only thing that I think I have ever fired gold ammo at is really heavy tanks 3+ tiers over my level. Which brings me to #3
3) In the future Tiered combat system should be available :Smile-izmena:
One thing I will comment on is WoT dev team listens and adjusts issues and balances in game more often and faster then most companies I have seen.
They have earned some faith from me in the last 8 months of beta :) (this is a hard thing to do these days as I am a long time abused gamer)
Hope that helps :)


MrVic
Gold Per Day
arrow
21.07.2010 18:53:40
 
Subject: Gold Per Day
Link on message: #35940

View PostMantarochen, on Jul 21 2010 - 12:38, said: Everything one needs to know about this subject is already in this thread, lets sum it up.

Overlord - who seems to represent the developers - says their strategy how to run the microtransactions is based on the principle not to sell in-battle advantages. I agree, this is the only way to succeed.
Unfortunately, you are going to exactly do this. You are trying to downplay the effect of premium shells but in fact they are the in-battle advantage you first said you wouldnt want to see. For example, take the VK3001P, fitted with the hard hitting gun. It is a level 6 tank, nothing too special Id say, you will see it quite often in future battles. Now look at the guns characteristics - generic AP shells have a very low penetration (64 I think?) countering the very high damage they do. But if you switch to premium shells penetration goes up to 150 while doing the same damage. Heck, Id even go so far to claim for this gun to work properly you even NEED the premium shells! Im pretty sure this is not the only example for the huge advantage premium shells give. This is unacceptable.
Many complains originate from the current "standard battle" where t3-t10 tanks are thrown together in one pot. While I think that this is a terrible, terrible idea even for the beta, lets wait and see until they split up the different levels a bit more.
I suggest some guys on this borad quit it with that "I have a job, I deserve better" attitude.
BTW I very much agree with SOLID_ICE's comment, hehe. I myself already phrased that you are not really shooting premium shells actually you are burrying the enemy tank under a pile of your coins.


MrVic:
2) I have used gold ammo quite a few times. Typically it something I carry a few rounds of for those targets that I really want dead...usually not tactically want dead if you catch my drift.  Many of the gold ammos are a minor help since the damage is not increased or increased enough to make much of a impact.  Typically anything your fighting is well with in the range of your standard ammos range of dealing with the target. The only diference is you might be able to aim slightly less percise to achieve damage results.  But most of the time your going for soft spots for modules laying behind them anyway so its really pretty even on usage.  Right now the only thing that I think I have ever fired gold ammo at is really heavy tanks 3+ tiers over my level. Which brings me to #3

3) In the future Tiered combat system should be available   :Smile-izmena:

One thing I will comment on is WoT dev team listens and adjusts issues and balances in game more often and faster then most companies I have seen.
They have earned some faith from me in the last 8 months of beta :)  (this is a hard thing to do these days as I am a long time abused gamer)

Hope that helps :)


MrVic
Gold Per Day
arrow
21.07.2010 18:53:40
 
Subject: Gold Per Day
Link on message: #35940

View PostMantarochen, on Jul 21 2010 - 12:38, said: Everything one needs to know about this subject is already in this thread, lets sum it up.

Overlord - who seems to represent the developers - says their strategy how to run the microtransactions is based on the principle not to sell in-battle advantages. I agree, this is the only way to succeed.
Unfortunately, you are going to exactly do this. You are trying to downplay the effect of premium shells but in fact they are the in-battle advantage you first said you wouldnt want to see. For example, take the VK3001P, fitted with the hard hitting gun. It is a level 6 tank, nothing too special Id say, you will see it quite often in future battles. Now look at the guns characteristics - generic AP shells have a very low penetration (64 I think?) countering the very high damage they do. But if you switch to premium shells penetration goes up to 150 while doing the same damage. Heck, Id even go so far to claim for this gun to work properly you even NEED the premium shells! Im pretty sure this is not the only example for the huge advantage premium shells give. This is unacceptable.
Many complains originate from the current "standard battle" where t3-t10 tanks are thrown together in one pot. While I think that this is a terrible, terrible idea even for the beta, lets wait and see until they split up the different levels a bit more.
I suggest some guys on this borad quit it with that "I have a job, I deserve better" attitude.
BTW I very much agree with SOLID_ICE's comment, hehe. I myself already phrased that you are not really shooting premium shells actually you are burrying the enemy tank under a pile of your coins.


MrVic:
2) I have used gold ammo quite a few times. Typically it something I carry a few rounds of for those targets that I really want dead...usually not tactically want dead if you catch my drift.  Many of the gold ammos are a minor help since the damage is not increased or increased enough to make much of a impact.  Typically anything your fighting is well with in the range of your standard ammos range of dealing with the target. The only diference is you might be able to aim slightly less percise to achieve damage results.  But most of the time your going for soft spots for modules laying behind them anyway so its really pretty even on usage.  Right now the only thing that I think I have ever fired gold ammo at is really heavy tanks 3+ tiers over my level. Which brings me to #3

3) In the future Tiered combat system should be available   :Smile-izmena:

One thing I will comment on is WoT dev team listens and adjusts issues and balances in game more often and faster then most companies I have seen.
They have earned some faith from me in the last 8 months of beta :)  (this is a hard thing to do these days as I am a long time abused gamer)

Hope that helps :)


MrVic
Detection System
arrow
21.07.2010 18:27:54
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\Detection System
Link on message: #35911

MrVic: I do not know the mechanics of it 100% but, Moving and hiding makes a huge diference, Also being partially behind objects impacts the ease of being spotted :)
Bushes do matter any objects between you and the enemy effect the chances of being spotted.


MrVic
Tankbusters goes clan
arrow
21.07.2010 17:56:24
 
Subject: Clans\Clan Recruitment\Tankbusters goes clan
Link on message: #35873

View PostSchreck, on 21 July 2010 - 01:36 AM, said: What language do you mumble? I have attained the highest level of mumbling so that even I can understand what I am saying...lol
Anyway... I would like to join your clan if you have room for me. I have much to offer.
Thanks
Schreck

MrVic: I would say the primary langauge is Mumbled english but we accpect people that mumble in other languages as well :) Typically voice chat is english mumbles tho
;)


MrVic
Not hitting anything? Ping issue?
arrow
21.07.2010 09:13:57
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\Not hitting anything? Ping issue?
Link on message: #35403

View PostPzAbt, on 21 July 2010 - 07:44 AM, said: Ive been playing for about two days now.
My fps is fine, abut at least 25 on low settings.
However, I have an atrocious ping of at least 180ms.
I seriously cannot seem to hit anything. Even stationary, and/or sometimes point blank.
(For the record, I have 2 kills [dont know how I got those...], and 15 casualties I think...)
I am very convinced this is a ping issue...also considering tanks seem to 'teleport' along a linear route, as opposed to 'normal'
smooth movement.
I hope to hear any possible remedies for, if it is, a ping problem.

MrVic: From what I understand its partially a ping issue but also a game engine issue. The Dev team I know is working on helping remedy this issue asap. Overall performance increases are very high on the "to do" lists for the Dev team right now I think.


merig00
[FAQ]What will get you experience and what will not
arrow
21.07.2010 07:16:55
 
Subject: [FAQ]What will get you experience and what will not
Link on message: #35312

View Postdruhim, on Jul 21 2010 - 05:12, said: Hmm..you pretty much answered me without really answering my question. Are you not allowed to inform us which tanks earn good money? Are we just supposed to flail around on the tech tree trying different chassis until we figure out which are good earners? Or are you saying all the premium tanks are good money farmers?

I do appreciate you answering, but you seem to be implying without actually informing.


merig00: Well why would I take all the fun away from you guys. Discover the game for yourself.


merig00
[FAQ]What will get you experience and what will not
arrow
21.07.2010 07:16:55
 
Subject: [FAQ]What will get you experience and what will not
Link on message: #35312

View Postdruhim, on Jul 21 2010 - 05:12, said: Hmm..you pretty much answered me without really answering my question. Are you not allowed to inform us which tanks earn good money? Are we just supposed to flail around on the tech tree trying different chassis until we figure out which are good earners? Or are you saying all the premium tanks are good money farmers?

I do appreciate you answering, but you seem to be implying without actually informing.


merig00: Well why would I take all the fun away from you guys. Discover the game for yourself.


merig00
[FAQ]What will get you experience and what will not
arrow
21.07.2010 05:31:56
 
Subject: [FAQ]What will get you experience and what will not
Link on message: #35242

View Postdruhim, on Jul 21 2010 - 02:37, said: Could you clarify what you mean by this? Or are we not supposed to know which tanks are good for "farming" money? And if you don't know what earns money, how can you say some tanks are well suited for farming money? You've confused more than you've enlightened.


merig00: I don't know if you've noticed but different tanks earn you different amount of experience/credits. So there are some tanks that bring you more than others. You keep those to support the tanks that you loose money on. And of course there are premium tanks. I've got myself Churchill and get solid 10k per game. Which keeps me worry free about getting into red.


merig00
[FAQ]What will get you experience and what will not
arrow
21.07.2010 05:31:56
 
Subject: [FAQ]What will get you experience and what will not
Link on message: #35242

View Postdruhim, on Jul 21 2010 - 02:37, said: Could you clarify what you mean by this? Or are we not supposed to know which tanks are good for "farming" money? And if you don't know what earns money, how can you say some tanks are well suited for farming money? You've confused more than you've enlightened.


merig00: I don't know if you've noticed but different tanks earn you different amount of experience/credits. So there are some tanks that bring you more than others. You keep those to support the tanks that you loose money on. And of course there are premium tanks. I've got myself Churchill and get solid 10k per game. Which keeps me worry free about getting into red.


merig00
beta 0.5.4.1 update
arrow
21.07.2010 02:45:22
 
Subject: beta 0.5.4.1 update
Link on message: #35102

View Posttotte1015, on Jul 21 2010 - 00:14, said: Hey!! "less in a month" When did you post that?
It must been about 3 weeks ago?


merig00: Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:16 AM

been only 4 days


Реклама | Adv