Реклама | Adv
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
  • Rotator
Сообщения форума
Реклама | Adv

Developers posts on forum

In this section you'll find posts from the official developers forum. The base is updated every hour and stored on a server wot-news.com. If you encounter any bugs, have suggestions or comments, write to info@wot-news.com

Filter by developers

The last day   In the last 7 days   Over a period from   till     

Developer
Subject
Link
Over a period
Image
MrVic
Official Heavy Tank Discussion
arrow
26.07.2010 05:28:04
 
Subject: Official Heavy Tank Discussion
Link on message: #41034

View PostMod, on Jul 26 2010 - 03:20, said: The only time I would say I died from arty when I had my IS was when my tracks broke or when I play on Prohovorka (sp) or whatever.
In Karelia you have a huge mountain on the side of the map or some rocks in the middle to hide from artillery.
Malinovka is basically filled with places to hide from SPGs. When SPG users start to get more aware of their surroundings like people like deathnoise have they can just start shelling these spots with HE since the maps are so small.
Himmelsdorf is basically all sheltered from arty.
Ensk has quite a few spots as well.
Lakeville doesn't have a lot of hiding spots but since scouts tend to rush down middle or something and distract the artys it's not that hard to either finish them off or stay back and defend.
Murovanka is somewhat of a tough map because you can get rushed by all sorts of tanks at the same time if you try to hide in the middle.

Just play a few games and realize where people set up their artillery and then next time you play that map take note of it and hide behind something solid in relation to those spots.
By the way, cowering behind a rock or a building in the middle of a map with a 122mm can get me 5-10 kills a game. Also trust me, I rush just as much and can do just as good.

If you need any further explanation I wouldn't mind showing you in a training match.


MrVic:
Nope your good, I was confused earlier by the avoiding its aim and was not sure if you meant in the field or behind the larger obstacles.  Your doing similar to me tho I move around a bit more :)   Mainly due to getting bored of the same tactic.  Kk were on the same page then on this :)


MrVic
Official Heavy Tank Discussion
arrow
26.07.2010 05:28:04
 
Subject: Official Heavy Tank Discussion
Link on message: #41034

View PostMod, on Jul 26 2010 - 03:20, said: The only time I would say I died from arty when I had my IS was when my tracks broke or when I play on Prohovorka (sp) or whatever.
In Karelia you have a huge mountain on the side of the map or some rocks in the middle to hide from artillery.
Malinovka is basically filled with places to hide from SPGs. When SPG users start to get more aware of their surroundings like people like deathnoise have they can just start shelling these spots with HE since the maps are so small.
Himmelsdorf is basically all sheltered from arty.
Ensk has quite a few spots as well.
Lakeville doesn't have a lot of hiding spots but since scouts tend to rush down middle or something and distract the artys it's not that hard to either finish them off or stay back and defend.
Murovanka is somewhat of a tough map because you can get rushed by all sorts of tanks at the same time if you try to hide in the middle.

Just play a few games and realize where people set up their artillery and then next time you play that map take note of it and hide behind something solid in relation to those spots.
By the way, cowering behind a rock or a building in the middle of a map with a 122mm can get me 5-10 kills a game. Also trust me, I rush just as much and can do just as good.

If you need any further explanation I wouldn't mind showing you in a training match.


MrVic:
Nope your good, I was confused earlier by the avoiding its aim and was not sure if you meant in the field or behind the larger obstacles.  Your doing similar to me tho I move around a bit more :)   Mainly due to getting bored of the same tactic.  Kk were on the same page then on this :)


MrVic
Official Heavy Tank Discussion
arrow
26.07.2010 04:06:48
 
Subject: In-Game Vehicles\Vehicle Comparison\Official Heavy Tank Discussion
Link on message: #40998

View PostMod, on 25 July 2010 - 09:32 PM, said: I think you added some implied thoughts there. :) It shouldn't matter if scout tanks find you because in 75% of the games you play you can easily be out of their aim. Artillery don't tend to move around a lot and if you know where they are you can easily avoid them. I know what you said about scouts but Rivers said that he can't even kill medium tanks with the IS-3 which I find absurd. Also, I'm sorry you find defending boring but when you're in a tank that is meant to defend when you go rushing in don't expect perfect results. :)
You might want to not assume that I'm not reading your posts, I wouldn't reply to something I haven't read.

MrVic: SPG's have a 75%-100% range of a map. So the only place being out of their "aim" is if you get lucky and their not pointing at your area of the map. So 4 scouts approach you can take out 1 maybe 2 with 5 rpm weapon and hopefully your team gets the others. If the scouts evade well its easy to get on in the backfield. So in this defensive playing unless your hiding behind one of the few objects that will shield you from SPG fire they can hit you with no issues. Being forced into a camping setup is more the role of a TD and being forced to hide behind a house is semi retarded. Some maps this is easy others it is not curious how this divine plan works elsewhere :)
"Artillery don't tend to move around a lot and if you know where they are you can easily avoid them" There not behind the house and I am not on the other side. When they have a combat effective range of "the map" in many cases avoiding them is easy avoiding their shells is not. So if I park a scout on the rear of your tank and you do not kill it on Provokia (sp) where are you parked that your not in their "aim" and you have avoided them? there are a few spots that can shield you if their at a bad angle but they do move and you never know where they are at all times. Provide me some "tips" then on where you avoid them, or do you end up hiding in the corner most of the match and try to farm a few people?
Saying do this and do that is fine but ya need to give some details because in the many many months of playing many maps say that your method is cowering behind a rock every game based on your description. I can tell everyone "Rush them and you make money and its all fine" but the real tactics or helpful information would not back that up and it would seem like a hollow response.
Please clarify your claims for me, make me understand what your talking about right now I am not seeing this as valid personally :)
I do fine with my IS-3 mostly looking into things :)


MrVic
Official Heavy Tank Discussion
arrow
26.07.2010 04:06:48
 
Subject: Official Heavy Tank Discussion
Link on message: #40998

View PostMod, on Jul 25 2010 - 20:32, said: I think you added some implied thoughts there. :) It shouldn't matter if scout tanks find you because in 75% of the games you play you can easily be out of their aim. Artillery don't tend to move around a lot and if you know where they are you can easily avoid them. I know what you said about scouts but Rivers said that he can't even kill medium tanks with the IS-3 which I find absurd. Also, I'm sorry you find defending boring but when you're in a tank that is meant to defend when you go rushing in don't expect perfect results. :)

You might want to not assume that I'm not reading your posts, I wouldn't reply to something I haven't read.



MrVic:
SPG's have a 75%-100% range of a map.  So the only place being out of their "aim" is if you get lucky and their not pointing at your area of the map.  So 4 scouts approach you can take out 1 maybe 2 with 5 rpm weapon and hopefully your team gets the others. If the scouts evade well its easy to get on in the backfield.  So in this defensive playing unless your hiding behind one of the few objects that will shield you from SPG fire they can hit you with no issues. Being forced into a camping setup is more the role of a TD and being forced to hide behind a house is semi retarded.  Some maps this is easy others it is not curious how this divine plan works elsewhere :)

"Artillery don't tend to move around a lot and if you know where they are you can easily avoid them"  There not behind the house and I am not on the other side. When they have a combat effective range of "the map" in many cases avoiding them is easy avoiding their shells is not.  So if I park a scout on the rear of your tank and you do not kill it on Provokia (sp) where are you parked that your not in their "aim"  and you have avoided them?  there are a few spots that can shield you if their at a bad angle but they do move and you never know where they are at all times.  Provide me some "tips" then on where you avoid them, or do you end up hiding in the corner most of the match and try to farm a few people?

Saying do this and do that is fine but ya need to give some details because in the many many months of playing many maps say that your method is cowering behind a rock every game based on your description.  I can tell everyone "Rush them and you make money and its all fine" but the real tactics or helpful information would not back that up and it would seem like a hollow response.

Please clarify your claims for me, make me understand what your talking about right now I am not seeing this as valid personally :)

I do fine with my IS-3 mostly looking into things :)


MrVic
Official Heavy Tank Discussion
arrow
26.07.2010 04:06:48
 
Subject: Official Heavy Tank Discussion
Link on message: #40998

View PostMod, on Jul 25 2010 - 20:32, said: I think you added some implied thoughts there. :) It shouldn't matter if scout tanks find you because in 75% of the games you play you can easily be out of their aim. Artillery don't tend to move around a lot and if you know where they are you can easily avoid them. I know what you said about scouts but Rivers said that he can't even kill medium tanks with the IS-3 which I find absurd. Also, I'm sorry you find defending boring but when you're in a tank that is meant to defend when you go rushing in don't expect perfect results. :)

You might want to not assume that I'm not reading your posts, I wouldn't reply to something I haven't read.



MrVic:
SPG's have a 75%-100% range of a map.  So the only place being out of their "aim" is if you get lucky and their not pointing at your area of the map.  So 4 scouts approach you can take out 1 maybe 2 with 5 rpm weapon and hopefully your team gets the others. If the scouts evade well its easy to get on in the backfield.  So in this defensive playing unless your hiding behind one of the few objects that will shield you from SPG fire they can hit you with no issues. Being forced into a camping setup is more the role of a TD and being forced to hide behind a house is semi retarded.  Some maps this is easy others it is not curious how this divine plan works elsewhere :)

"Artillery don't tend to move around a lot and if you know where they are you can easily avoid them"  There not behind the house and I am not on the other side. When they have a combat effective range of "the map" in many cases avoiding them is easy avoiding their shells is not.  So if I park a scout on the rear of your tank and you do not kill it on Provokia (sp) where are you parked that your not in their "aim"  and you have avoided them?  there are a few spots that can shield you if their at a bad angle but they do move and you never know where they are at all times.  Provide me some "tips" then on where you avoid them, or do you end up hiding in the corner most of the match and try to farm a few people?

Saying do this and do that is fine but ya need to give some details because in the many many months of playing many maps say that your method is cowering behind a rock every game based on your description.  I can tell everyone "Rush them and you make money and its all fine" but the real tactics or helpful information would not back that up and it would seem like a hollow response.

Please clarify your claims for me, make me understand what your talking about right now I am not seeing this as valid personally :)

I do fine with my IS-3 mostly looking into things :)


MrVic
Anti-Fragmentation Liner
arrow
26.07.2010 02:43:44
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\Questions\Anti-Fragmentation Liner
Link on message: #40943

MrVic: Its a internal lining for the tank to protect it more from HE rounds. Some systems similar were developed in WW2. In essence it would protect you from internal armor fragments breaking free. Beyond that I think there is no other benefit.


MrVic
T-43. 44, IS-3
arrow
26.07.2010 02:41:09
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\Questions\T-43. 44, IS-3
Link on message: #40941

View Postgilber27, on 26 July 2010 - 12:58 AM, said: how are you being able to penetrate his frontal armor? and standing his powerful shots o.o''

MrVic: Actually the KT base gun can pen IS-3's anywhere and easily in many locations, The IS-3 has to spend 55kish exp to get a gun to pen a KT :) So far my IS-3 its been pretty fair back and forth with KT's


MrVic
Maus
arrow
26.07.2010 00:25:17
 
Subject: Archives\Junkyard\Maus
Link on message: #40821

MrVic: Closing the topic. The issue is expressed and the Devs can do with it as they please :)
Its not going anywhere but down hill and I hate walking back uphill after such an event ;)


MrVic
Official Heavy Tank Discussion
arrow
25.07.2010 21:11:42
 
Subject: In-Game Vehicles\Vehicle Comparison\Official Heavy Tank Discussion
Link on message: #40640

View PostMr_Rivers, on 25 July 2010 - 08:06 PM, said: you make money on a premium, thats without a doubt. I can tell you this because ive only been using the is-3 since i got it, and i still has moneys.
But that doesnt make it better than a KT, it just means premium is working as intended :)

MrVic: Okay RIF.
I have tried to spell this one out so here goes one last time.
I have not personally decided nor stated that the KT > IS-3 or that the IS-3 > KT So please people stop assuming that I am saying these things, read the posts before ya respond lol
Not every conversation has to he about whos right or wrong.......


MrVic
Official Heavy Tank Discussion
arrow
25.07.2010 21:11:42
 
Subject: Official Heavy Tank Discussion
Link on message: #40640

View PostMr_Rivers, on Jul 25 2010 - 19:06, said: you make money on a premium, thats without a doubt. I can tell you this because ive only been using the is-3 since i got it, and i still has moneys.

But that doesnt make it better than a KT, it just means premium is working as intended :)


MrVic:
Okay RIF.

I have tried to spell this one out so here goes one last time.
I have not personally decided nor stated that the KT > IS-3 or that the IS-3 > KT  So please people stop assuming that I am saying these things, read the posts before ya respond lol

Not every conversation has to he about whos right or wrong.......


MrVic
Official Heavy Tank Discussion
arrow
25.07.2010 21:11:42
 
Subject: Official Heavy Tank Discussion
Link on message: #40640

View PostMr_Rivers, on Jul 25 2010 - 19:06, said: you make money on a premium, thats without a doubt. I can tell you this because ive only been using the is-3 since i got it, and i still has moneys.

But that doesnt make it better than a KT, it just means premium is working as intended :)


MrVic:
Okay RIF.

I have tried to spell this one out so here goes one last time.
I have not personally decided nor stated that the KT > IS-3 or that the IS-3 > KT  So please people stop assuming that I am saying these things, read the posts before ya respond lol

Not every conversation has to he about whos right or wrong.......


MrVic
Official Heavy Tank Discussion
arrow
25.07.2010 21:03:59
 
Subject: In-Game Vehicles\Vehicle Comparison\Official Heavy Tank Discussion
Link on message: #40633

View PostMr_Rivers, on 25 July 2010 - 07:52 PM, said: I've lost 50k this morning on a non premium account on the IS-3, so ive had to stop using it until i get another premium account.
If you coompare the is-3 to the kt you should come to the conclusion that the KT gets better stats in most things than the is-3. The only things i can think of that the is-3 does better thanthe KT is it has slightly more gun damage, but this is cancelled out by the RoF tbh, and the speed on the IS-3 is slightly better.

MrVic: Sigh, I have not come to a conclusion yet :) When I do I will post as such. There are more the stats to consider. Again I was looking at the differences in the two. I have lost 30k with premium before, its painful when I get on a bad spree. But overall I think 120 games with my IS-3 my average right now is +2.6k a game across all games.


MrVic
Official Heavy Tank Discussion
arrow
25.07.2010 21:03:59
 
Subject: Official Heavy Tank Discussion
Link on message: #40633

View PostMr_Rivers, on Jul 25 2010 - 18:52, said: I've lost 50k this morning on a non premium account on the IS-3, so ive had to stop using it until i get another premium account.

If you coompare the is-3 to the kt you should come to the conclusion that the KT gets better stats in most things than the is-3. The only things i can think of that the is-3 does better thanthe KT is it has slightly more gun damage, but this is cancelled out by the RoF tbh, and the speed on the IS-3 is slightly better.


MrVic:
Sigh,  I have not come to a conclusion yet :)   When I do I will post as such. There are more the stats to consider. Again I was looking at the differences in the two.  I have lost 30k with premium before, its painful when I get on a bad spree. But overall I think 120 games with my IS-3 my average right now is +2.6k a game across all games.


MrVic
Official Heavy Tank Discussion
arrow
25.07.2010 21:03:59
 
Subject: Official Heavy Tank Discussion
Link on message: #40633

View PostMr_Rivers, on Jul 25 2010 - 18:52, said: I've lost 50k this morning on a non premium account on the IS-3, so ive had to stop using it until i get another premium account.

If you coompare the is-3 to the kt you should come to the conclusion that the KT gets better stats in most things than the is-3. The only things i can think of that the is-3 does better thanthe KT is it has slightly more gun damage, but this is cancelled out by the RoF tbh, and the speed on the IS-3 is slightly better.


MrVic:
Sigh,  I have not come to a conclusion yet :)   When I do I will post as such. There are more the stats to consider. Again I was looking at the differences in the two.  I have lost 30k with premium before, its painful when I get on a bad spree. But overall I think 120 games with my IS-3 my average right now is +2.6k a game across all games.


MrVic
Maus
arrow
25.07.2010 20:58:00
 
Subject: Archives\Junkyard\Maus
Link on message: #40622

View PostTrebs, on 24 July 2010 - 09:41 PM, said: Want some from Wargaming to look at this

MrVic: The information is valuable to the dev team. You were invited to play for free prior to the game and are a guest of sorts.
Walking over to your friends house and pulling a carton of milk out of their fridge and drinking from it would be considered rude to many folks.
This thread reminds me of that type of thing repeatedly.
Making demands in essence really is silly and typically people that make demands get ignored more often then not.
I would suggest you take a step back and calm down a bit. Currently its a bit to "heated" here and this needs to change.


MrVic
Maus
arrow
25.07.2010 20:38:21
 
Subject: Archives\Junkyard\Maus
Link on message: #40607

MrVic: Also some mantlets were there to provide protection a the gun mounting traverse. Tho some always had gaps as they moved up or down side to side. Typically it was due to the confines of space or slope of the armor. The example of the jagpanther mantlet, while it "seems" to shield the gun port it doesn't fully if is fully traversed right its slightly exposed on the left. Also the jagpanther mantle was semi prone to being jammed by rounds fired into it. The closer you make it "slide" along a facing the more prone they were to getting hit and locking in place. Not all mantlets covered the gun port when it was at all elevations either. Personally if you get that precise and they are tall enough to get a shot in then well it happens :)
Also you might attribute this to a graphical bug of a round mark showing up behind it instead of on it.
I actually have never had a damage mark show up on a mantlet on my tanks.
I am guessing your upset over having your gun damaged/knocked out? It wasn't very clear, in that case right now many tanks guns get damaged more so on the larger ones since their easier to hit and I think this is attributed to the module issues that are being seen. Personally most games my gun is damage/knocked out in about every battle at some point.


MrVic
Maus
arrow
25.07.2010 20:29:24
 
Subject: Archives\Junkyard\Maus
Link on message: #40599

View PostManiox, on 24 July 2010 - 08:46 PM, said: There still are some existing Mauses left.
Experimental my ass they made those things

MrVic: Actually there were 2 partially built. When they were captured they took the 2 incomplete tanks and put them together to make a mostly complete single tank
Tho due to both being slightly different versions and differences in the manufacturing process, they did not exactly fit together very well. In fact I don't think the turret fit the hull very well. I think the turret ring was the wrong size or was not machined to match. So none were complete, The Russians captured the parts and sorta completed one.


MrVic
Official Heavy Tank Discussion
arrow
25.07.2010 20:22:04
 
Subject: In-Game Vehicles\Vehicle Comparison\Official Heavy Tank Discussion
Link on message: #40594

View PostMod, on 25 July 2010 - 09:30 AM, said: In my IS I used the 122mm for almost the entire time I had it and it really wasn't that bad. King Tigers were seriously no problem and with the IS-3's pancake turret you shouldn't have much of a problem facing them head on as well. Since you should be getting damaged less with an IS-3 as opposed to an IS I don't see any problem in equipping a 122mm. It's very rare that the entire opposing team rushes so you should have time to reload and just pick the bad guys off like you're in a bad karate movie. I'm sure after you get a maxed IS-3 with a better crew you'll be able to break even without premium.
Hiding from SPGs should NEVER be a problem for a Heavy unless you're rushing.

MrVic: I think you added some "implied" thought there. Scout tanks do find you and if the SPG is good your life is going to get rocked by shells. I did not say it was a issue more of the cost of ammo vs fighting off scouts. I think what your referring to "rushing" means moving forward. Rushing is running full speed into the enemy, moving forward is a tactical advance using cover and picking your angles. If I camp every map sure its easier to make cash but its boring and not really helping some of my teams :)
Also just a note I did not say the KT was better then my IS-3 I was bringing up the differences in the tanks and their tech. In fact discussing some of the pros and cons of both tanks in regards to each other.
Another Note I did not say I was losing money in a IS-3's I said the ammo cost was to high due to not wanting to fire on some hard to hit target due to the cash lost alone.
On average I can gain cash with premium on the average. Its not a ton of cash but its profitable. Now some games you lose a ton other you gain a ton then some are a wash in the credit department.
Mod you might want to fully read posts a bit more and not imply information :)


MrVic
Official Heavy Tank Discussion
arrow
25.07.2010 20:22:04
 
Subject: Official Heavy Tank Discussion
Link on message: #40594

View PostMod, on Jul 25 2010 - 08:30, said:
In my IS I used the 122mm for almost the entire time I had it and it really wasn't that bad. King Tigers were seriously no problem and with the IS-3's pancake turret you shouldn't have much of a problem facing them head on as well. Since you should be getting damaged less with an IS-3 as opposed to an IS I don't see any problem in equipping a 122mm. It's very rare that the entire opposing team rushes so you should have time to reload and just pick the bad guys off like you're in a bad karate movie. I'm sure after you get a maxed IS-3 with a better crew you'll be able to break even without premium.

Hiding from SPGs should NEVER be a problem for a Heavy unless you're rushing.


MrVic:
I think you added some "implied" thought there.  Scout tanks do find you and if the SPG is good your life is going to get rocked by shells.  I did not say it was a issue more of the cost of ammo vs fighting off scouts.  I think what your referring to "rushing" means moving forward.  Rushing is running full speed into the enemy, moving forward is a tactical advance using cover and picking your angles. If I camp every map sure its easier to make cash but its boring and not really helping some of my teams :)

Also just a note I did not say the KT was better then my IS-3 I was bringing up the differences in the tanks and their tech.  In fact discussing some of the pros and cons of both tanks in regards to each other.

Another Note I did not say I was losing money in a IS-3's  I said the ammo cost was to high due to not wanting to fire on some hard to hit target due to the cash lost alone.
On average I can gain cash with premium on the average.  Its not a ton of cash but its profitable.  Now some games you lose a ton other you gain a ton then some are a wash in the credit department.

Mod you might want to fully read posts a bit more and not imply information :)


MrVic
Official Heavy Tank Discussion
arrow
25.07.2010 20:22:04
 
Subject: Official Heavy Tank Discussion
Link on message: #40594

View PostMod, on Jul 25 2010 - 08:30, said:
In my IS I used the 122mm for almost the entire time I had it and it really wasn't that bad. King Tigers were seriously no problem and with the IS-3's pancake turret you shouldn't have much of a problem facing them head on as well. Since you should be getting damaged less with an IS-3 as opposed to an IS I don't see any problem in equipping a 122mm. It's very rare that the entire opposing team rushes so you should have time to reload and just pick the bad guys off like you're in a bad karate movie. I'm sure after you get a maxed IS-3 with a better crew you'll be able to break even without premium.

Hiding from SPGs should NEVER be a problem for a Heavy unless you're rushing.


MrVic:
I think you added some "implied" thought there.  Scout tanks do find you and if the SPG is good your life is going to get rocked by shells.  I did not say it was a issue more of the cost of ammo vs fighting off scouts.  I think what your referring to "rushing" means moving forward.  Rushing is running full speed into the enemy, moving forward is a tactical advance using cover and picking your angles. If I camp every map sure its easier to make cash but its boring and not really helping some of my teams :)

Also just a note I did not say the KT was better then my IS-3 I was bringing up the differences in the tanks and their tech.  In fact discussing some of the pros and cons of both tanks in regards to each other.

Another Note I did not say I was losing money in a IS-3's  I said the ammo cost was to high due to not wanting to fire on some hard to hit target due to the cash lost alone.
On average I can gain cash with premium on the average.  Its not a ton of cash but its profitable.  Now some games you lose a ton other you gain a ton then some are a wash in the credit department.

Mod you might want to fully read posts a bit more and not imply information :)


MrVic
Tankbusters goes clan
arrow
25.07.2010 10:43:27
 
Subject: Clans\Clan Recruitment\Tankbusters goes clan
Link on message: #40223

View PostPunisher_1, on 25 July 2010 - 05:50 AM, said: I hear for the next 10 applicants the Mr Vic is giving away a Maus ..... Just send $49.95 to the Mr Vic fund at Linemypockets@paymenow.com all pal pay transactions are final....
This offer is valid only in the Antartic and Bikini Atoll

MrVic: LMAO yeah right! Its more like "Ammo for the poor" I'll take donations or 122mm ammo, for the low low investment cost of 1 case of shells you get a free clock radio!
I swear I would spend half as much repair money if the balancing system would just leave darth on my team lol


MrVic
Tank Nicknames [Poll:PzIV]
arrow
25.07.2010 10:39:08
 
Subject: Fan Zone\General Creativity\Tank Nicknames [Poll:PzIV]
Link on message: #40219

MrVic: Well not so much for my tanks but many in my call some tanks out in short term names for fast target pick ups.
Panzer IV base = 4
Panzer IV upgraded turret =Bobble Head 4
Panzer IV with long 75mm = Big Nose Bobble head
KV-2 with 152mm = KV bobble head mortar
KV-2 wtih 107mm = KV bobble head big nose
KV-1 = no special name since their not deadly at all.
T-28 = Billboards
anything with the short 10.5cm = X marshmallow gun
VK (DB) = Dumb Bast...
Jagpanzer IV = Jag4
Liekentraktor = DA LICKENTRAKTOR!!!
Hummer = Assault Hummel (yeah its longer but soo funny to watch)
Tiger II = KT (of course)


MrVic
Tank Nicknames [Poll:PzIV]
arrow
25.07.2010 10:39:08
 
Subject: Tank Nicknames [Poll:PzIV]
Link on message: #40219

MrVic: Well not so much for my tanks but many in my call some tanks out in short term names for fast target pick ups.

Panzer IV base =  4
Panzer IV upgraded turret =Bobble Head 4
Panzer IV with long 75mm = Big Nose Bobble head
KV-2 with 152mm = KV bobble head mortar
KV-2 wtih 107mm = KV bobble head big nose
KV-1 = no special name since their not deadly at all.
T-28 = Billboards
anything with the short 10.5cm = X marshmallow gun
VK (DB) = Dumb Bast...
Jagpanzer IV = Jag4
Liekentraktor = DA LICKENTRAKTOR!!!
Hummer = Assault Hummel (yeah its longer but soo funny to watch)
Tiger II = KT (of course)


MrVic
Tank Nicknames [Poll:PzIV]
arrow
25.07.2010 10:39:08
 
Subject: Tank Nicknames [Poll:PzIV]
Link on message: #40219

MrVic: Well not so much for my tanks but many in my call some tanks out in short term names for fast target pick ups.

Panzer IV base =  4
Panzer IV upgraded turret =Bobble Head 4
Panzer IV with long 75mm = Big Nose Bobble head
KV-2 with 152mm = KV bobble head mortar
KV-2 wtih 107mm = KV bobble head big nose
KV-1 = no special name since their not deadly at all.
T-28 = Billboards
anything with the short 10.5cm = X marshmallow gun
VK (DB) = Dumb Bast...
Jagpanzer IV = Jag4
Liekentraktor = DA LICKENTRAKTOR!!!
Hummer = Assault Hummel (yeah its longer but soo funny to watch)
Tiger II = KT (of course)


MrVic
Official Heavy Tank Discussion
arrow
25.07.2010 10:10:26
 
Subject: In-Game Vehicles\Vehicle Comparison\Official Heavy Tank Discussion
Link on message: #40195

MrVic: One of the roughest things is the KT has more armor then the IS-3 :) The big kicker is the Long 8.8cm has a 202 pen and quite a few german tanks can carry. The KT starts with a 202pen gun also. The IS-3 has to burn through about 60k exp not in line with going to the next tier to get a gun with more then 175mm pen. The 100mm and 122mm have the same pen until you get the BL-9? that is a 122mm with 225mm pen. Combined with the .4 accuracy on the 122mm and a 3sec aim time and a 4-5 RPM its painful with a 1025 credit per shot (The BL-9 122 does bring your accuracy down to .35 which is much better). Overall the KT is superior but starting out with the IS-3 you can do almost no damage to most KT's you encounter to the front. Also the KT is near the same speed and can traverse just as fast so flanking it can be really hard if the KT driver knows what hes doing. Of course the wild module damage accounts for many many IS-3 deaths. What still gets me is some matches my armor loads others I swear it does not, some games I can weather smaller guns np then next game 50mm 75mm rounds punch through my turret and hit my ammo rack which renders me about useless. Combined with each round that hits your rocks your tank more then it should, so with your already slow loading less accurate shells you fire right when you get hit you your shot goes wide due to a 50-75mm round hitting your tanks and rocking it.
Still think the KV can use some love as its woefully outclasses by the fast mobile Panzer IV. And many of the KV-2 weapons are atrociously inaccurate and lacking pen/damage, combined with armor that is paper thin vs most tanks its level.
I want to see ammo costs drop on the larger guns since shooting most anything even scouts is a waste of credits even with premium and a win. But if you do not fight them off they will blow off your gun (which should be near impossible for many lower end weapons) or track you, which in turn lets SPG's kill you rather instantly (with the larger guns) With lower speeds, large targets. and difficulty hiding SPG's already have no issues hitting you (They can hit 50+kph tanks 20kph and the size of a house is easy) Playing a heavy is rough many nights unless you tier your enemies easily.


MrVic
Official Heavy Tank Discussion
arrow
25.07.2010 10:10:26
 
Subject: Official Heavy Tank Discussion
Link on message: #40195

MrVic: One of the roughest things is the KT has more armor then the IS-3 :)  The big kicker is the Long 8.8cm has a 202 pen and quite a few german tanks can carry. The KT starts with a 202pen gun also. The IS-3 has to burn through about 60k exp not in line with going to the next tier to get a gun with more then 175mm pen. The 100mm and 122mm have the same pen until you get the BL-9? that is a 122mm with 225mm pen. Combined with the .4 accuracy on the 122mm and a 3sec aim time and a 4-5 RPM its painful with a 1025 credit per shot (The BL-9 122 does bring your accuracy down to .35 which is much better).  Overall the KT is superior but starting out with the IS-3 you can do almost no damage to most KT's you encounter to the front.  Also the KT is near the same speed and can traverse just as fast so flanking it can be really hard if the KT driver knows what hes doing. Of course the wild module damage accounts for many many IS-3 deaths. What still gets me is some matches my armor loads others I swear it does not, some games I can weather smaller guns np then next game 50mm 75mm rounds punch through my turret and hit my ammo rack which renders me about useless.  Combined with each round that hits your rocks your tank more then it should, so with your already slow loading less accurate shells you fire right when you get hit you your shot goes wide due to a 50-75mm round hitting your tanks and rocking it.  

Still think the KV can use some love as its woefully outclasses by the fast mobile Panzer IV. And many of the KV-2 weapons are atrociously inaccurate and lacking pen/damage, combined with armor that is paper thin vs most tanks its level.

I want to see ammo costs drop on the larger guns since shooting most anything even scouts is a waste of credits even with premium and a win.  But if you do not fight them off they will blow off your gun (which should be near impossible for many lower end weapons) or track you, which in turn lets SPG's kill you rather instantly (with the larger guns)  With lower speeds, large targets. and difficulty hiding SPG's already have no issues hitting you (They can hit 50+kph tanks 20kph and the size of a house is easy) Playing a heavy is rough many nights unless you tier your enemies easily.


MrVic
Official Heavy Tank Discussion
arrow
25.07.2010 10:10:26
 
Subject: Official Heavy Tank Discussion
Link on message: #40195

MrVic: One of the roughest things is the KT has more armor then the IS-3 :)  The big kicker is the Long 8.8cm has a 202 pen and quite a few german tanks can carry. The KT starts with a 202pen gun also. The IS-3 has to burn through about 60k exp not in line with going to the next tier to get a gun with more then 175mm pen. The 100mm and 122mm have the same pen until you get the BL-9? that is a 122mm with 225mm pen. Combined with the .4 accuracy on the 122mm and a 3sec aim time and a 4-5 RPM its painful with a 1025 credit per shot (The BL-9 122 does bring your accuracy down to .35 which is much better).  Overall the KT is superior but starting out with the IS-3 you can do almost no damage to most KT's you encounter to the front.  Also the KT is near the same speed and can traverse just as fast so flanking it can be really hard if the KT driver knows what hes doing. Of course the wild module damage accounts for many many IS-3 deaths. What still gets me is some matches my armor loads others I swear it does not, some games I can weather smaller guns np then next game 50mm 75mm rounds punch through my turret and hit my ammo rack which renders me about useless.  Combined with each round that hits your rocks your tank more then it should, so with your already slow loading less accurate shells you fire right when you get hit you your shot goes wide due to a 50-75mm round hitting your tanks and rocking it.  

Still think the KV can use some love as its woefully outclasses by the fast mobile Panzer IV. And many of the KV-2 weapons are atrociously inaccurate and lacking pen/damage, combined with armor that is paper thin vs most tanks its level.

I want to see ammo costs drop on the larger guns since shooting most anything even scouts is a waste of credits even with premium and a win.  But if you do not fight them off they will blow off your gun (which should be near impossible for many lower end weapons) or track you, which in turn lets SPG's kill you rather instantly (with the larger guns)  With lower speeds, large targets. and difficulty hiding SPG's already have no issues hitting you (They can hit 50+kph tanks 20kph and the size of a house is easy) Playing a heavy is rough many nights unless you tier your enemies easily.


MrVic
MrVic's Beta Key Contest :)
arrow
25.07.2010 03:53:23
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\MrVic's Beta Key Contest :)
Link on message: #40016

View PostLutcikaur, on 25 July 2010 - 02:25 AM, said: sent mine to moepmoep :D
Priests are epic

MrVic: haha good deal :)


MrVic
Game Launched 9v9
arrow
25.07.2010 03:10:12
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\Game Launched 9v9
Link on message: #39978

View PostMotley, on 25 July 2010 - 02:08 AM, said: The game started with only 9 players on each side, we could not run over any trees, nor could we cap. When we killed all the other tanks however, the game finished normally.

MrVic: I heard of another match that was 8vs8 earlier today :)


MrVic
MrVic's Beta Key Contest :)
arrow
25.07.2010 00:50:57
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\MrVic's Beta Key Contest :)
Link on message: #39904

View PostMod, on 24 July 2010 - 11:39 PM, said: Posted Image

MrVic: Mod got it :)
"American howitzers shell German forces retreating near Carentan, France." Franklin, July 11, 1944" US national archive :)
Also 2 other winners for their entries :)
Mod
Oddball72
Lutcikaur
I'll send ya a key shortly Congrats.


MrVic
MrVic's Beta Key Contest :)
arrow
25.07.2010 00:34:20
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\MrVic's Beta Key Contest :)
Link on message: #39886

View PostOddball72, on 24 July 2010 - 11:22 PM, said: Posted Image

MrVic: Another good one. But not it :) Know where that pic was from in the war by chance?
Time for another HINT: The picture was taken in July 1944 in France :)


MrVic
MrVic's Beta Key Contest :)
arrow
25.07.2010 00:23:30
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\MrVic's Beta Key Contest :)
Link on message: #39877

View PostMagnusCrane, on 24 July 2010 - 10:50 PM, said: Also your hint is absurdly general. There are literally tens of thousands of pictures that fit your description; could you at least give a hint that has a chance of letting us identify the right pic?

MrVic: Just something fun to do (its not mandatory) Your free to not participate :) but thanks for trolling


MrVic
Score Idea.
arrow
24.07.2010 23:36:36
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\Suggestions\Score Idea.
Link on message: #39843

View PostRaej, on 24 July 2010 - 10:30 PM, said: Now i havent been playing that long (a few games) so correct me if i am wrong, but if the a person does the final killing blow to another enemy tank, they get the kill right?
I think that when you do the majority of the dmg to an enemy tank, that you should get the kill. but impliment something like, if killed 80% of an enemy's health, but you didnt attack him for another 10-20 seconds (something like that), and some1 else comes in and kills him, the previous person who did the 80% dmg should NOT get the kill.
I think itd be better in a way like that.
and/or add assist kills. so if u did a decent amount of dmg you get an assist pt on the scoreboard.

MrVic: I've suggested the idea of a point system based on a score of sorts. But did not want it to be the true points as people will start min/maxing and ruin half the fun. but maybe a ballpark percentage or something transfered to points :) never really fleshed out the idea all the way myself. But I agree kill count is cute but leads to bad assumptions on points you are getting for damaging things


MrVic
MrVic's Beta Key Contest :)
arrow
24.07.2010 23:33:39
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\MrVic's Beta Key Contest :)
Link on message: #39839

View PostLutcikaur, on 24 July 2010 - 09:24 PM, said: i edited...
thissss!!
http://upload.wikime...ea-19500824.jpg

MrVic: Another nice one. Nope thats Korean war era :) Tho very clean, at first thought it was a pacific photo but the area was not completely destroyed by ship bombardments!


MrVic
Is WoT really an mmo?
arrow
24.07.2010 23:30:15
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\Is WoT really an mmo?
Link on message: #39828

View PostScrap, on 24 July 2010 - 08:49 PM, said: Name me one MMO game that does not have a presistent world? Besides World of Tanks.
I would also like to say that I don't hate WoT for doing this or anything. Marketing gimmicks are fun to learn from and as the team clearly views their game MMO who am I to say what they interpret as MMO and the other way around. Perhaps universally speaking I agree with the majority who see a persistant world a necessity.

MrVic: Nah your fine :) just talking through it. The persistent world tho could be the clan wars maps and such its qualifies in its ways :) on its always changing and such even when your not playing. Which seems to be the popular opinion on persistent world criteria.


MrVic
MrVic's Beta Key Contest :)
arrow
24.07.2010 22:16:12
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\MrVic's Beta Key Contest :)
Link on message: #39738

View PostLutcikaur, on 24 July 2010 - 09:14 PM, said: http://www.olive-dra...smctaps_700.jpg

MrVic: Very close :) tho thats a modern pic
Going to toss in another hint


MrVic
MrVic's Beta Key Contest :)
arrow
24.07.2010 21:29:59
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\MrVic's Beta Key Contest :)
Link on message: #39690

View Postsigmundr, on 24 July 2010 - 07:36 PM, said: alright, it's a long shot but:
http://www.principle...00001/wwap5.jpg

MrVic: Nope :) its a real life photo :)


MrVic
MrVic's Beta Key Contest :)
arrow
24.07.2010 20:03:42
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\MrVic's Beta Key Contest :)
Link on message: #39608

View Postmoepmoep, on 24 July 2010 - 07:01 PM, said: but did i understad the question, or did i translate something wrong?

MrVic: Nope I have a Picture and the goal is to find that exact picture :) its out there I checked for it :)
If things slow down there will be more hints narrowing it down :)


MrVic
MrVic's Beta Key Contest :)
arrow
24.07.2010 20:00:18
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\MrVic's Beta Key Contest :)
Link on message: #39605

View Postmoepmoep, on 24 July 2010 - 06:58 PM, said: mhh ok, i have use a littlebit a translator for unaderstanding each.. lets see 105" means the gun caliber when me remember...
so for me u search 3men that are on a tank(or something) wich a 150" gun. maybe this one?
http://commons.wikim...riest-OWI-1.jpg

MrVic: Nope :) good pic of a priest tho :)


MrVic
MrVic's Beta Key Contest :)
arrow
24.07.2010 19:40:46
 
Subject: Archives\Beta\MrVic's Beta Key Contest :)
Link on message: #39586

MrVic: So I am having a contest to win a beta key for the EU Beta.
How the contest works! Its simple! I will give a everyone one a "Hint" of sorts and you have to find the World War 2 photograph that corresponds to my hint. I may give more hints out as this contest goes on. All hints will be posted in this post if they are added so please do not PM me for them! Would prefer non beta testers and those waiting to get in :) But everyone can have fun with it :)
HINT: "Three guys and a 105"
HINT: The photo is black and white :)
HINT: The picture was taken in July 1944 in France :)
Entries will only be accepted that are posted here. (PMs do not count)
Good Luck :)


Реклама | Adv